David Rees wrote:
Trenton D. Adams wrote:

David Rees wrote:

Trenton D. Adams wrote:

We're having a problem with tomcat 4.0.4.  Every time a context
is reloaded it leaks memory.  The oddest thing about this is that
it starts throwing OutOfMemoryExceptions before process list
shows that it's using the memory I allocated to it.

eg. It will throw OutOfMemoryExceptions at like 130M memory usage
when I've allocated 512M for it.

Is this a known bug that's been fixed in 4.1.x?

It's a known bug, but not fixed in 4.1.x, it still exists there.  I
am not sure if it still exists in 5.0.x.

Thanks Dave. If anyone could provide some more information on this,
that would be helpful. I would really like to fix it because it's really annoying me. We have two CRITICAL web applications on one server. We don't want to have to continually down the entire tomcat
server just to reload a webapp.

Bugs have been filed for this issue against 4.1.x and they have been marked as WONTFIX. Best to try to reproduce the problem on 5.0.x and if the bug still exists there, file a report in bugzilla if one does not already exist.

-Dave

Where can I find this information? Is there a bugzilla for tomcat or something? If so, I would like to go there so I can see if there's any information indicating where in the code it would be. I could go searching myself, but I've never dove into the Tomcat code before! :)

__ This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it
---