Hi Joe,

I'm not sure exactly what your query is but the setup I have is a "/"
and a "/hal" Context.  The Filter I am using to direct any requests to
"/" to "/hal" lives in the WEB-INF/classes dir of the "/" context.

In my case I used the Tomcat default dir of "../webapps/ROOT" for the
"/" docBase.

Further. the configuration for the Filter and the URL pattern to
fire it is in the web.xml file in that same WEB-INF dir.  I do use
"/*" as the URL pattern, but remember that these URL patterbs are
relative
to the Context the web.xml file is in.

i.e.

webapps/ROOT/WEB_INF/web.xml