From: Merrill Cornish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling

David,

I THINK I've figure out that MySQL's Connector/J jar worked in
jre/lib/ex when I was using DriverManager because only MySQL needed to
see it, and it knew to look in jre/lib/ex.  However, with DataSource,
I'm assuming it's Tomcat who needs to see it, so it needs to be in
Tomcat's common/lib.

So I put Connect/J's jar in common/lib--and it still failed in the same
manner.

I'm wondering if the actual error message MIGHT be giving a clue.  It
says "Name jdbc is not bound in this Context" when the only thing that
EVER appears in any of the XML is "jdbc/TimesheetsDB".

  * Does this imply that "jdbc/TimesheetsDB" is wrong and the entries
should be something like simply "TimesheetsDB"?

   * Does this imply that "jdbc" has to be declared in some manner
before "jdbc/TimesheetsDB" can be declared?

Merrill