From: Merrill Cornish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 2:04 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Another Try at MySQL Connection Pooling

Jay,

  Context initialContext = new InitialContext();
  Context envContext = (Context) initialContext.lookup("java:comp/env");
  this.dataSource = (DataSource) envContext.lookup("jdbc/TimesheetsDB
");

Ah ha!  I was missing the second step.  When I added the second step, it
still fails, but the complaint has changed.  Slightly.

   "At org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:814)
there occurred a
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name TimesheetsDB is not bound
in this Context"

So now it can find "jdbc", but not "TimesheetsDB".

By the way, what does the "java:comp/env" argument mean?

Merrill