Evgeny Gesin wrote:

This will not work because of applet's security
restrictions. Waiting for more replies.

Care to explain what are the exact "applet's security restriction"? Applets are supposed to be downloaded to the client machine to run. So that I think you put it in anywhere inside your server's space except the the directory /WEB-INF and its subdirectories. I suppose you have only one applet shared by all your applications[1,2,3...], right?

Best

Bao

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk

--- BAO RuiXian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Evgeny Gesin wrote:

[snip...]

<jsp:plugin type="applet"
code="com.package.Applet.class"
codebase="/application1/applets/" width="50"
height="50">
</jsp:plugin>

Web applications, which run this applet, specify
different codebase attribute, such as application2,
application3 and so on.

Can you then put your applet outside of any your
applications[1,2,3...]? For example, in TOMCAT_ROOT directory, then the code
base should be same all the time.

Best

Bao

Unfortunatelly JSP specification doesn't allow

dynamic

codebase in jsp:plugin and we create a new JSP for
each new web domain to specify another hardcoded
codebase attribute.

Could you please advice a trick to generate

codebase

attribute at run-time, to deploy the same JSP in

all

applications.

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk