On 03/12/2004 06:44 PM Alan Weissman wrote:
I'm implementing a JAAS login mechanism in my app, not as a Realm but
via Struts Action classes.

In my loginModule, I am creating the Subject with principals and
credentials and want to store role information.  Where does Tomcat
expect a list of roles to be in the Subject?  I Haven't been able to
figure this out.  I want to make sure that in the future I can use
features that check request.isUserInRole(roleName).

That would be messin' with the container-managed security, which isn't allowed according to the servlet spec. You can't mix & match your own login with the container-managed stuff, unless you're modifying tomcat source code.

Adam
--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian