Hello Doug

1- My ROOt.xml doesn't have any error.That problem caused by wrong copy and paste.

2- I changed the order of Parameters in Resource tag but wasn't useful.

3- Look, I don't see any error message.When I check the number of connection in
Mysqladmin, in 4.1.18  the number of connection doesn't rise quickliy but in 5.0.19
for each open page we have a distinct connection.

4- I think this problem caused by Common-pool-1.1 and Common-dbcp-1.1 jar
files,because in 4.1.30 that have the same jar files you also see that problem.

5- A test,if you copy thoes jar files in 4.1.18 and rename them, connection pooling
doesn't work such as 4.1.30 and 5.0.9 without any error message.

6 - And another test, my java file is like this :

package pooling;
import javax.sql.*;
import javax.naming.*;
import java.sql.*;
public class webPooling
{
  Connection mySqlConnection = null;
  public webPooling() //Class constructor
  {
  }
  public void init() //Connection Creator
  {
    try
    {
        Context ctx = new InitialContext();
        if(ctx == null )
           throw new Exception("ERROR IN CONTEXT INITIALIZATION!!?");

        DataSource mySqlDatasource = (DataSource)ctx.lookup
("java:comp/env/jdbc/UKwebpooling");

        if(mySqlDatasource == null)
           throw new Exception ("ERROR IN DATASOURCE CREATING");
        else
           mySqlConnection = mySqlDatasource.getConnection();
    }//try
    catch(Exception e)
    {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
  public Connection getConnection()
  {
     return mySqlConnection;
  }
}

if you add this code to the end of this java file :

  public void closeConnection()
  {
    try
  {
      if(!mySqlConnection.isClosed())
       mySqlConnection.close();
    }
    catch(Exception ex)
    {
         System.out.println("ERROR IN CLOSING THE CONNECTION (POOL)");
         ex.printStackTrace();
   }
  }

and call this method in your Jsp file, in 4.1.18 you don't see any error message and
Connection pooling works so good, but in 5.0.19 you see this error message:

Connection is already closed.
and so many Exceptions.....

8- If you create a Statement in java file, that error message doesn't appear.

What is your idea?

With thanks.

masood.