From: "Adam Buglass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:31 AM
Subject: RE: Is there any way to check # of Records in RecordSet

This is the wrong list but never mind

An alternative is the following:

ResultSet rs;
int i = 0;
while( rs.next() ) {
i++;
}

The integer i should be the length of your result set (by the way, don't
get confused with RecordSets which are VB - I used to do that all the
time!) at the end of the loop - assuming of course that you start from
the start of the set, you could use rs.first() to ensure this.

There's tons of useful info on Java methods and classes on suns site:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/

question is more specific.

Adam.

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 15:26, Dale, Matt wrote:
> This is the wrong list i'm pretty sure but there are a couple of ways to get the
> number but there isnt a direct method that
returns it.

> If the result set is scrollable you can iterate through it counting the number of
> iterations, then set it back to the start when
you want to process the records.

> The other option (one I prefer) is to load the records into an ArrayList, you can
> then determine the size quite easily.
>
> If anyone else has any neater solutions i'd like to hear them too as I've had to do
> this in a few places.
>
> Ta
> Matt

Adam Buglass,  ><>