Adam Buglass wrote:

This is the wrong list but never mind

An alternative is the following:

ResultSet rs;
int i = 0;
while( rs.next() ) {
        i++;
}

The integer i should be the length of your result set (by the way, don't
get confused with RecordSets which are VB - I used to do that all the
time!) at the end of the loop - assuming of course that you start from
the start of the set, you could use rs.first() to ensure this.

There's tons of useful info on Java methods and classes on suns site:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/api/
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/

question is more specific.

Adam.