From: Tonte Pouncil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26.07.2004 20:09
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Win2kSP4, Apache-2.0.49 + Tomcat-5.0.27 + mod_jk2-2.0.43 -
Memory Reference Error

Regardless if you are starting it as a service or at the command prompt,
Tomcat will still use invoke Catalina.bat as part of its startup process.
So if you did what I suggest last week then you have already increased your
jvm memory heap.  What did you actually increase your memory heap to.  Maybe
you need to increase it more.   Also if you are doing JDBC or Threading
and/or connection pooling, you may need to make sure that you are closing
your resources before return the connection to the connection pool.

Again the command below will increase your jvm memory heap regardless if you
have tomcat running as an instance or not.  So if this didn't work for I
would suggest increasing it some more or check your resource you are using.
i.e(threads, jdbc resources, connections, etc).

open catalina.bat or the equivalent file.
set JAVA_OPTS to the desired value.
set JAVA_OPTS=-Xms128 -Xmx256

tp