Thanks for answering.

I'm using the exact same hardware (it's the same machine). I think the JDK
version I was using before was a bit older.

I've set the initial and maximum heap size to 384 MB (1/3 of total system
memory) and tested that the new values were being acknowledged but that
didn't solve the problem.

Also, it isn't another application or the OS itself draining on the resources
because processor and memory usage are low all the time, well, memory usage
was low before I set the new values.

Thanks again.

--Juan Escalante

Tomcat's speed should be very close on these two OSs.  Are you using the
same JDK version on the same hardware?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

nothing