LOL.... it seems shorewall is getting very popular.... however, the x.x.x.your_public_ip part is unnecesary, the "net" part at the beginning of the rule tells shorewall to use the public ip of the firewall for the DNAT procedure

John Villar
Gerente de Proyectos
Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A.
www.florhard.com

Big Chiz escribió:

it can be alot of factors. if its a  fw problem, e.g if you only have
one public ip forwading it to your local host then you should have
something like this in your shorewall/rules

DNAT  net  loc:192.168.1.5 tcp 8080 - x.x.x.your_public_ip

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:29:55 -0500, Lee Hoffner