Do servlets in Tomcat (1.4) catch results of programs that they run?  I have
a java servlet that lists the print services of printers installed in the
server (Linux Red Hat).  I run the servlet before and after I install a
couple of printers in the server; however, the list of printer services does
not change until I restart Tomcat.  At the same time, I run a test program
in the server from the command line to list the print services and this
program lists the newly installed printers right away.  This has led me to
believe that the servlet is caching the list of printer services when it is
run the first time and does not re-run the code until Tomcat has been
re-started.

Thanks in advance for your response.