Hello:

     Can any one please explain the behaviour of session time out with Tomcat ? For
example, if I specify a session time out of 30 minutes in web.xml and and then set
session.setMaxInactiveInterval to 45 minutes in a page, then will it mean that only
the page where I set it as 45 minutes will have a session time out of 45 minutes and
all the
rest of the pages will be having 30 minutes ? Or will the whole session will have a
time out of 45 minutes after accessing the page where I set it as 45 minutes? Again,
if I have multiple web applications with different session timeouts specified in
respecitve web.xmls and  single sign on enabled, then what will be the behaviuor ? (
Like, I accessed one web app page with timeout 15 min and went to a page in the second
web app with timout set to 30 minutes, (all in the same session) then when will the
first page will timout- after 15 minutes or after 30 minutes ?)

    In general, what is the optimum solution if i want different session time outs for
pages in the same web application? If anyone knows nice links on the subject, please
give that also.

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.