Hi,

Still can't get this to work.

There must be some reason why this won't run under Tomcat but does work stand-alone.
To recap, I am trying to execute the following code on an Xp box with Tomcat 5.0.27:

Process proc = runtime.exec("cmd.exe /C shutdown -r -f -m \\myPC -t 50");
int exitVal = proc.waitFor();

When this runs the proc exits with a value of 0 but nothing happens (no re-boot) and no exceptions are thrown.

I have tried running the code from a batch file and without the cmd.exe /C bit.

I have tried running Tomcat from the command line (not as service).

I have tried allowing all permissions in the catalina.policy file:
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/-" {
  permission java.security.AllPermission "*";
};

I CAN successfully set the the system time and date using the same approach
though.

I have absolutely no idea on this now.

Thanks,
Andy