Tim Funk,

I tried it in  5.0.19 version it didn't work for me also
but document says it must work and the default value of timestamp is false and
my other problem
with logger I have already posted it &  didn't hear from any one abt. it

problem for creating the separate log file by <Logger  .....
 />for my application context in tomcat-5.0.19.
 that is working fine in tomcat 5.0.27!!!!!

 please help me what the settings are to be needed to make it
 out on tomcat 5.0.19 .
 is this bug ???? or AM I missing some thing

 sample of my context file which is under

 ..conf\Catalina\localhost\

 <Context displayName="SMART" debug="0" docBase="Smart" path="/Smart">

                  directory="webapps/smartlogs"
 prefix="Smart_log." suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>

      <Context/>