Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Nikola Milutinovic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Startup

While 5.5.7 can be made to run on JDK (not JRE) 1.4.x, it is not intended for 1.4 series.

I suspect that would be news to the developers. The 5.5 branch runs perfectly fine on the 1.4.2 JRE (the JDK is _not_ needed), as long as the compat.zip download is added to the primary download. 5.5.7 is also noticeably faster than 5.0.30, even on the 1.4.2 JRE.

:-P

I didn't say it cannot work. It can, but it has been stripped of APIs that are provided with 1.5.0, which are not present in 1.4.2. Which is why you need that "compat.zip", right?

I'm not sure if there are any other improvements over 5.0.x series, other than that.

Nix.