To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
From: Jason Bainbridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2005-03-01 03:05PM
Subject: Re: Installation problems on Windows

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:58:22 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> This is my own remote-office laptop, so I have the God-bit set
> (Administrators group), and have installed 50 or 60 programs / services
> over the last 12 months, including 20 or so after the SP2 upgrade. So it
> would seem Tomcat is trying to do something during installation that most
> other programs -- Open Source or not -- don't typically try or need to
do.

> Do we know who put the installer together? Perhaps they would have some
> additional insight into what step the installer is trying to do when it
> hangs, and by extension what the tomcat5 executable tries to do in
> service.bat when it fails.

I don't but service.bat is a windows batch file (obviously) in plain
text that is easy to read through so try editing the file, rem'ng the
first line that is turning off all the useful echo'd information, then
run it again and then send the output to the list. That should isolate
the problem...

--

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org- [EMAIL PROTECTED]