Hi,

I have been looking around and haven't found a solution that works

basically I have a PDF that gets created dynamically. Now to save memory I have
the PDF written to a file rather than a ByteArray. The only way I can be sure
that I wont encounter errors creating the file is to use File.createTempFile.
The creation goes of ok. And I have checked the file itself and the PDF looks
great.

How do i now serve this to the user who has requested it. If I try to write it
to the response (using the same method I use to creare dynamic image, this
works), it just shows up a blank screen.

The problem also is, even if it did show the PDF, acrobat, to my understand
will read only chunks of the stream and will go pack to get more. Thisis a
problem because there is nothing to go back for.

So the point,

If I can just redirect the browser to a file in the tomcat temp directory (can
I do that, will the use have access to that directory), then how do I translate
the location of the temp directory to a url that is accesible outside.

If not then what other suggestions can people give me.

Thanks in advance

Steve