Hello,
        I am trying to achieve not the unimaginable, I thought - to have one
instance of Tomcat (5.5) running on port 80, and one - also 5.5 (using the
same JAVA_HOME) running on port 8080 on the same box (Win XP). They both
start up independently and load on localhost / localhost:8080 just fine. But
when one is started, the other will not start up and logs the below message.
The one is started as a service, the other a .bat:

set CATALINA_HOME=jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
call %CATALINA_HOME%/bin/startup.bat

I thought it may be a conflict of CATALINA_HOME, but as one is installed as
a service, I see no reference to the variable in the registry.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Paul.

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:346)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:600)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:560)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)