This setup has been tested on Apache2+JBoss+mod_jk-1.2.14_for MacOSX. And
am sure it will work on other platforms as well. This setup also handles
Apache related webapps..

Make the required entries in the DNS

webapp.war: Extract the war file using zip and rename the folder
with .war extension. Please put it in your deployment folder.

mod-jk.so: Obtain the modjk.so library file from www.apache.org and place
then in the modules folder.

Apache-Virtual Host config
----------------------
NameVirtualHost *.*.*.*:80

<VirtualHost *.*.*.*:80>
    ServerName webapp.robosoft.co.in
    ServerAlias www.webapp.robosoft.co.in
    ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    DocumentRoot /Volumes/Extra/jboss/server/default/deploy/webapp.war
    JkMount /* loadbalancer
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.jsp
    ErrorLog logs/webapp-error_log
    CustomLog logs/webapp-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
mod-jk.conf
================
LoadModule jk_module /opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile /opt/apache2/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /opt/apache2/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /webapp.domain.com/*.jsp loadbalancer
JkMountFile /opt/apache2/conf/uriworkermap.properties
JkShmFile /opt/apache2/logs/jk.shm
<Location /jkstatus/>
        JkMount status
        Allow from all
</Location>

Server.xml
---------

<Host name="webapp.domain.com" debug="0" appBase="deploy"
unpackWARs="true">
        <Alias>www.webapp.domain.com</Alias>
                directory="logs" prefix="webapp_log1." suffix=".log"
timestamp="true"/>
        <Context path=""
docBase="${jboss.server.home.dir}/deploy/webapp.war" debug="0"
reloadable="true"/>
        </Host>

uriworkermap.properties
================
/jmx-console=loadbalancer
/jmx-console/*=loadbalancer
/web-console=loadbalancer
/web-console/*=loadbalancer
/webapp.domain.com/*.jsp

workers.properties
================

worker.list=loadbalancer,status

worker.webapp.port=8009
worker.webapp.host=webapp.domain.com
worker.webapp.type=ajp13
worker.webapp.lbfactor=1
worker.webapp.cachesize=10

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=library
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
worker.loadbalancer.local_worker_only=1
worker.list=loadbalancer

worker.status.type=status