--- Ingrid Morterud Rosvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> We are running an application on Tomcat 4.1.30, and
> java 1.4.2.
>
> Our application is using the struts framework with
> jsp's, and cocoon to
> render the xml's.
>
> There seems to be a major memory leak at startup -
> the application seems
> to constantly be using between 40 - 45 mb of the
> memory. We also have
> some memory leak during runtime, when users log on
> and starts using the
> application.
>
> So far we have not been able to find anything in our
> code review that
> will explain these memory leaks, and when we monitor
> the memory used,
> there is no obvious reason, nor is there any
> connection with how the
> users use our application and the amount of memory
> being used.
>
> We would highly appreciate any help on this topic,
> and any tips and
> hints you can provide us with.
>
> Ingrid and Tommy

One, I think you might be having issues by not
understanding the java heap...just an observation by
the way you phrased the question.

Two, do you have any more information about the memory
being used?  How much were you expecting to be used?
Are you seeing the virtual memory usage or the real
memory usage?  How did you determine the amount of
memory used?  Do you have any numbers?  Have you tried
to use a memory profiler?  Search the list for memory
profiler.

Wade