I have some demo apps on http://simple.souther.us that you can run.
They're all war files so all you have to do is download to your webapps
directory.

SimpleServlet.war is your basic "Hello, World" app in a servlet.

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 21:49, Andrew Pierce wrote:
> Hello. I realize this is about the stupidest question I could ask but,
> I've scoured the web, etc. and cannot get an easy example of making
> servlets actually work with Tomcat.
>
> I have written a few "Hello World" servlets and gotten them to work with
> Resin but I cannot get even the most simple servlet to work with Tomcat.
>
> I create the servlet code such as the one found here:
>
> http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/servlet/tutorial/helloworld/index.xtp
>
> I compile the servlet and place the .class file in the
> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/<app>/WEB-INF/classes directory.
>
> Then I modify the $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/app/WEB-INF/web.xml to include
> the declarations for the servlet.
>
> I stop and restart Tomcat and alas, all I get is 404 when I try to
> access the servlet with a url like
> http://localhost:8080/<app>/HelloServlet.
>
> I know this has got to VERY simple. Thanks in advance.
> Andrew

Ben Souther
F.W. Davison & Co.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This e-mail message, and any accompanying documents, is for the sole use
of
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or
copying is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact our office by email or by telephone at (508) 747-7261 and
immediately destroy all copies of the original message.