Hi,

1) When I look at sessions statistics for an application,
using https://localhost/manager/html/sessions?path=/myApplication

Why does Tomcat always list the number of sessions to expired
within 10 minutes as equal to the number of active sessions?

According to the documentation of Tomcat Manager, this number is
"the number of currently active sessions that fall within ten-minute ranges of their actual timeout times."

2) The same documentation has an example:
For example, after restarting Tomcat and then executing one of the JSP samples in the /examples web app,
you might get something like this

OK - Session information for application at context path /examples
Default maximum session inactive interval 30 minutes
30 - <40 minutes:1 sessions

If this count the sessions that will expired within 10 minutes,
Why would the newly created session be counted?

3) Why is the display 30 - <40 minutes
Shouldn't it be 20 - < 30 minutes meaning sessions that have > 20 and < 30 minutes of inactivity?

I have the same results on Tomcat 5.5.9 on Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
and on Windows XP service Pack 2.

Thanks
Jean-Pierre Pelletier
e-djuster