Hi,

documentation says:

Display ... the number of currently active sessions that fall within
ten-minute ranges of their actual timeout times.

"Actual timeout times" does not mean "from now", but instead "in general".
It does not relate to when the session has been used last time. Since all
sessions of your webapp will usually use the same timeout value, they will
all appear with the same interval, and the interval will be the 10 minute
interval located around your timeout value (in your example the timeout is
30 minutes, so the interval is [30,40[).

Of course it would be interesting to see, how many sessions are close to
being expired, if they will not be used in the next n minutes. Feel free
to provide a patch to

org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.java

(you would need to replace getMaxInactiveInterval by getLastAccessedTime
and change the computation a bit).