Or, cou could add a static hashmap to your Servlet (or a bean if using JSPs)
where you simply add the sessions with every request. You would have to put
an attribute implementing javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionActivationListener
in each session though, that removes the session from your hashmap when the
session is expired or you will end up with having many invalid entries in
your hashmap. (And I don't even know what happens if you keep the references
to those Session objects when they are recycled by tomcat)
We do this to keep track of our sessions within the application.

A quick google revealed http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=12141 with
example code.

Once you have the list of sessions, it should be easy to expire the old ones
for the same user...

Though this will allow you to have only one session per user, it will not
kill the session immediately after step 3.
Using the reload as described above will do that, but prevents you from
having a security-logout if the user just has his browser open all day
(without actually doing anything).

Hth,
Tobias