On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 04:41:32PM +0200, Marcus Franke wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 09:28:23PM -0700, Bill Barker wrote:
> >

> # Default global logging level.
> # This specifies which kinds of events are logged across
> # all loggers.  For any given facility this global level
> # can be overriden by a facility specific level
> # Note that the ConsoleHandler also has a separate level
> # setting to limit messages printed to the console.
> .level= INFO
>
> So, I guess, if I use something like .level=WARN the pollution
> of catalina.out may will stop?

Ok, had a deeper look inside the tomcat startup scripts on my
RHEL box and catalina.out is written as a redirect of the
tomcat stdout.

So, my next guess is, java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
could be the right paramter to change?

Sorry, it seems Im not as half as familliar with this stuff
as I should be :(

Marcus

--

"What terrible way to die."