On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 04:00:24PM +0200, Marcus Franke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a tomcat server which serves some webapps for different purposes.
>
> I now would like to have another instance of the the manager webapp just
> for one of the webapps on this server, that another person can use the
> manager webapp to administer this one special webapp and not
> all the others, too.
>
> so I have normal /manager/html and I would like to have something
> like
>
> /web1/manager/html that is capable of adminstering web1
>
> Can this be done? And if yes, what do I have to do?

Hmm, I guess I can answer that question by myself. If I use
vhosts in tomcat and I have just the manager and the normal
webapp in that one vhost will I see more than one webapp?

And how do I secure access to that special vhosts manager
webapp? As the "normal" tomcat-users.xml users with the manager
role would be able to login into every manager on that
tomcat server?

Marcus