Not fully. I've only got to the /apachectl configtest stage. Then I get
this error. Is there more I need to do? I was just following the directions
that came with it. I'm thinking about just scraping Apache and using Tomcat
to do what little html I'll need. Or maybe just go with something like
Jigsaw.

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

                    "Cross Fire Labs

                    B.A. Lambrechts"          To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <cross_fire_labs@ho       cc:

                    tmail.com>                Subject:     Re: Apache + Tomcat
mod_webapp.so Does anyone have a
                                               solution?

                    12/05/2001 11:38 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Tomcat Users List"

Ok -

Apache 1.3.22 with mod_ssl with Tomcat 4.0.1 with mod_webapp.so

With the directives

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy bmi warpConnection /bmi

included in the httpd.conf file.

Start Tomcat then Apache.  Run netscape and select the https site for the
first html file.  Get the certificate warning about the secure site, then
get the error "Web-application not yet deployed" on the browser (Error
404).

The error_log in apache reports:

Cannot receive handshake WARP packet
Cannot read packet (pr_warp_config.c:139)
Cannot configure connection "warpConnection"
Web-application not yet deployed

The catalina.out in tomcat reports:

StandardServer.await: read: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
           at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
           at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
           at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:102)
           at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:315)
           at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:789)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
           at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received

When I comment out the WebAppDeploy directive - everything works fine
except
that my authentication is not kicking in...don't know if that is related or

not.

Is this clear?

Beth Anne Lambrechts
Cross Fire Labs, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone/Fax: 703-724-9210

>From: Roman Schlueter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Apache + Tomcat mod_webapp.so Does anyone have a solution?
>Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 17:26:39 +0100
>
>Hello, please can you explain your warp problems explicitely.
>
>Ciao, Roman
>

>"Cross Fire Labs B.A. Lambrechts" wrote:
> >
> > Ok - well I am using Solaris 8 as well and I did not have to compile
the
> > mod_webapp.so at all - downloaded a tar file:
> >
> > webapp_module-1.0-tc40.tar
> >
> > and when I extracted it from the tar file - the mod_webapp.so was there

>so I
> > just copied that one into the libexec directory.
> >
> > Beth Anne Lambrechts
> > Cross Fire Labs, Inc.
> > e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Phone/Fax: 703-724-9210
> >
> > >From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > >Subject: Re: Apache + Tomcat mod_webapp.so Does anyone have a
solution?
> > >Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:09:27 -0500
> > >

> > >Yes.
> > >

> > >Thank You,
> > >
> > >Justin A. Stanczak
> > >Web Manager
> > >Shake Learning Resource Center
> > >Vincennes University
> > >(812)888-5813
> > >

> > >                     "Cross Fire Labs
> > >                     B.A. Lambrechts"          To:
> > >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >                     <cross_fire_labs@ho       cc:
> > >                     tmail.com>                Subject:     Re: Apache

>+
> > >Tomcat mod_webapp.so Does anyone have a
> > >                                                solution?
> > >                     12/05/2001 10:56 AM
> > >                     Please respond to
> > >                     "Tomcat Users List"
> > >

> > >Have you copied mod_webapp.so into the apache/libexec directory?
> > >

> > >Beth Anne Lambrechts
> > >Cross Fire Labs, Inc.
> > >e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >Phone/Fax: 703-724-9210