THis question has beat the list, so many times before, the short answer
is no, at least with BASIC auth.., you cannot make the browser disregard
a previously done auth, wihtout closing it..

And this is a behavior of all browsers, the solution is to use FORM
instead of BASIC, and simply invalidate the session, if you try this
with basic, next the browser  request a protected page, it simply sends
the cached auth previously done..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega