This is what I want to do:

1) I want to setup a database which includes multiple realms
2) user are linked to realms
3) I want to use protect a servlet with basic authentication, and I want to
be able refer to the correct realm when performing the authentication (this
means
     sending the correct realm/user to the database. And I don't want to do
this by hacking the tomcat configuration files.

Regards,

--  Dirk

the system manager.