Not sure - probably a little out of my depth here, but poolman
(www.codestudio.com), which used to do connection pooling stuff is no
longer available, and it's author claims that:

        "If you are looking for connection and object pooling
        mechanisms, they can now be found in application
        servers such as JRun, Tomcat and the Jakarta Project,
        and other J2EE products and servers."

Which is where my journey started...!

   Ric Searle
   Web Application Developer