Try:
http://localhost:8080/servlet/seating
or
http://localhost:8080/servlet/MySeatingServlet

RS

Brook Monroe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/10/2002 10:13:56 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Subject:  Getting a servlet running under Tomcat-Apache 4.0.3

Greetings, y'all.
* I've read all the documentation I can find.
* I've emulated all the examples.
* I've asked people I know who have set up servlets before.

I still can't get access to the servlet I just wrote and installed.

No matter how I've set up servlet-mappings, or url-patterns, or otherwise,
get 404'd on any attempt to test the servlet. The class files are where
they're supposed to be, and the manager HTML applet says that the servlet
is
loaded and running. Supposedly (based on reading docs and looking at
examples)

<servlet>
<servlet-name>MySeatingServlet</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>Seating</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>MySeatingServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/seating</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

in my web.xml file should be sufficient to get the servlet mapped to a url,
but

<http://localhost:8080/seating>

produces nothing but a 404, specifically

type Status report
message /seating
description The requested resource (/seating) is not available.

Obviously I'm either misinterpreting the documentation, missed something
somewhere, or making a bad assumption. I'd appreciate any input I could get
on this, because the servlet customer is breathing down my neck for the
prototype, which I would like to test before delivering it....

jbm!