Hi,

I do have the following problem. Suppose the following class:

class Bridge{
   /* ... */
   static{
      System.loadLibrary( "jni_tester" );
   }
   /* ... */
}

It is possible to create/destroy  instances of Bridge inside Tomcat in
such a way that the shared library jni_tester is loaded only once?

The  shared  library  and  the   code  which  uses  Bridge  reside  in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib, so this code should  be loaded by the shared class
loader[1].

Hence jni_tester will be loaded  by the shared class loader only once.
Is that true?   Or should I do something else to  make the native code
to be loaded only once? (I store state information in the native code)

Thanks in advance for your help,

--
--Jhair

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html