That's not quite how it works.

The only edit you need to do in the httpd.conf is the LoadModule statement
for the mod_jk2.dll.  Then assuming all your paths are correct in
worker2.properties file, Tomcat will display a blue directory listing at
http://localhost/examples.  See below for details on how to turn that off.

The URI statements in the workers2.properties file is used by mod_jk2 to
direct traffic to Tomcat but only the directories listed and only for the
file types listed.  That way you can have static and dynamic files in the
same directory.

I'm sorry Michael, are you saying that Tomcat is refusing to show you the
directory listing of the /examples directory???  Please let me know if you
see a blue directory listing or not at http://localhost/examples

If what you want to do is to NOT have Tomcat display the directory listing
of the examples directory then please see line 54 of the
TOMCAT_HOME\conf\web.xml file and change true to false.  But then you must
know that if you deny the directory listing and you do not have an
index.html or index.jsp file there, nothing will be displayed.

        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>