You have to be root to access ports < 1000.

I think you could su or sudo it.

Larry

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 09/06/02 20:44 PM >>>
I'm trying to point my tomcat server over to port 80 in Redhat Linux,
but I am having a little trouble with it.  I have apache installed as
well but I have both disabled the service and commented out the two
lines in the /etc/services file that deal specifically with port 80.
Anyone have a suggestion as to why I am getting this error message and
what I can do to resolve it?  Thanks in advance!

Keith