hmm, I guess that I was not clear in my email... after already shutting
down the httpd server (and using netsta to make sure that it wasn't
running) I tried as the root user to start the service and it was giving
me that error message.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Keith

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 22:12, John Naldoza wrote:

    Hi,

    Kindly check if your web server is currently running, netstat -vat or ps -aux
|grep httpd

    if it is, shut it down via /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop and then try to start your
tomcat server.

    If this still doesn't work, then you may need to be with root priveledges to
start-up applications listening on ports < 1024 :)

    Hope that helps.

    Cheers,

    John Clark