Before i made a decision i followed the instructions from the jakarta
connectors page!

i quote:
"JK2 is a full rewrite of JK and is much more powerfull.
Even if it works with Apache 1.3, JK2 has been developed with Apache 2.0 in
mind, and sus is better suited for multi-threaded servers like IIS,
NES/iPlanet.
JK2 has a better separation between protocol and physical layer. As such JK2
support fast unix-socket, and could be extended to support others
communications channels. Better it's suited for JNI and JDK 1.4 fast IO APIs
JK2 could be monitored via special URLs (like mod_status)"

and since the mod_jk2 is still beta, i think there should be
a lot of documentation for the user to be able to install it and test it
on several platforms, cause after all this is the meaning of open source.

"it is beta
but if you want to use it you have to check the source."

this is not good for the project it self.

so the ppl who are working should not focus only on the coding
but also on the documentation (this is important too).

Catalin