Hi all!
I have a question about Tomcat and linux symbolic links.
I'm working with cocoon jars and they are too big, so I put them on
a directory and then in the WEB-INF/lib directory I made a set of
links like this:

e.g.:
The .jar files are in /usr/java/morelibs/cocoon/.
My application is in /home/mauro/workspace/MyApp/.
So:

cd /home/mauro/workspace/MyApp/WEB-INF/lib
ln -s /usr/java/morelibs/cocoon/*.jar .

When I start tomcat, this application does not run (I could see it
in the debug mode of the eclipse ide).

But IT WORKS FINE if I make hard links to the .jar files like this
(without the "-s" option):

cd /home/mauro/workspace/MyApp/WEB-INF/lib
ln /usr/java/morelibs/cocoon/*.jar .

Does someone know why is it happening?  Doesn't tomcat support to
read files across the symbolic links?

Thanks a lot.

Mauro