Basically, duplicate the tags for the examples.

> 2)In a context if I want to add bunch of class files that are specific
> to that context can't I just throw them in
> /webapps/newcontext/WEB-INF/classes?  I tried this and they
> don't seem to
> be available i get Symbols Not resolved errors referencing
> any time I call
> that class. ???

Check the ClassLoader HOWTO:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html

> 3)I have a whole bunch of other classes that need to be available to
> tomcat.  I have set up a global CLASSPATH variable that points to
> them.  Tomcat does not seem to be picking this up.  I
> verified that when i
> do an env directly before starting tomcat the CLASSPATH
> variable is set
> and defined properly.  What am i screwing up?

Tomcat ignores the system-level CLASSPATH environment variable and assembles
its own in the startup scripts.  Check startup.sh and catalina.sh to see
what it does.  Modifying either startup.sh and/or catalina.sh to use your
special classpath is not advised.  Read the ClassLoader HOWTO.  The
Application Developer's Guide might be a good idea, too.

John