On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:09:09 -0800 (PST)
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Class Path and New Context
>
> WHen I take some of the classes that don't seem to be getting loaded and
> put them in a package they seem to be fine.  So it appears as if you must
> have your classes within a package in order for the class loader to find
> them.  I looked through the bug list and could not find this in
> there.  Can anyone confirm that this is a bug or is it just a personal
> problem?

JDK 1.4.1 has started enforcing a restriction that has always been in the
Java Language Specification, but was never enforced before -- you are not
allowed to import an unpackaged class name.  Among other things, that
makes it pretty much impossible to use unpackaged bean classes in a JSP
page.

> ryan

Craig