Hi,

Depending on the browser and authentication scheme this will may try to authenticate
against tomcat.
There for you should be able to do request.getRemoteUser() on (at least) the first
request that has the authenticative username:password.
request.getRemoteUser() only returns the username, you can get the Authentication
header wich is formed like this in BASIC authentication scheme:
String user_Password = login+ ":"+ password;
String encoding  = new String (Base64.encode(user_Password.getBytes()));
String Authentication = "Basic " + encoding;

You might be able to do that backwards somehow....

Hope it helps
-reynir