Hi,
Try this :

 String authheader = request.getHeader("authorization");

I should point out, that usually sessions are only authenticated once, there for there
is not authorization header in every request but only the one that is used for
authentication). Some browsers sometimes try to authenticate every request, I think it
has to do with cookie settings and more.

Hope it helps
  -reynir