Thanks for the response.  Here is my questions?
> This is a standard configuration in the web.xml file, use:
>
> <session-config><session-timeout>60</session-timeout></session-config>

I checked my $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml file and it currently has the
setting set to 30 mins.  This says to me that this setting is not getting
used.  I changed it to 120 and verified that 60 mins was still the default.
Any idea of why my web.xml is not getting used?  I do not have an
application specific web.xml...the one in the conf directory is the only one
I have.

> Plus, check out the PersistentSessionManager, which can be used to get
> really long session timeouts by swapping idle sessions out to disk.
I read about this in the Tomcat docs but I'm not quite sure how to implement
this.  Is there a simple howto on this that you know of?

Thanks,
Kenny