hello

I have run into that problem too, I defined a datasource and put driver and common/lib
and defined <resource-ref> in web.xml
of my web. app.  but if throws exception when I try to get a connection from
datasource I have found.

I tried to do it at home with different database with the same result, so I dont think
I have mistyped something.

I know this problem has been adressed before but I havent found any solution from
maillist archives.

BTW I have found one related thing:  If you open Tomcat admin tool, choose host ->
context -> <context name> -> Data sources
it will throw an exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception retrieving attribute 'driverClassName'

so...

I there any known solution ?

Maris Orbidans
www.datapro.lv