Hello everyone,

I am facing problems with the jsessionid when using
stronghold(apache 1.3) and tomcat 4.1.18 using the
mod_jk module

on solaris 8.

The way things are laid out on the server are as
follows

1. The entire doc tree is flat html
2. a couple of jsps and servlets used for shopping
cart and checkout.

when i delete my cookie file and  go to ww.mytest.com,
the index page comes up fine, but on the index page
there are a couple of urls like this
http://www.mytest.com/y/z and when i click this i get
a broken page(404) error with the url like this
http://www.mytest.com/x/y/;jsessionid=1E84A042615444560A5E25DF8D277267.
However when i go back and click the same url or any
url on the index page everything works fine, infact
all the urls now show up like this
http://www.mytest.com/x/y or http://mytest.com/a/b.

My guess is intially the cookie wants to set the
value, and that is the reason i am getting an error,
and once the value is set all the links work fine, but
its only the intial click from the index page that is
a problem. Also i tried the whole url rewrite thing on
strongohld but it never worked. Also since all the
front end stuff is flat html i am kind if tied up.

Am i missing anything here. Thanks in advance for any
help

vic