may be this is dumb question. So do you run two filters? one for authticate and
to check authorization and other to load the customo objects??

Thanks Matt..

.anil

            // user authenticated, empty user object
            if ((username != null) && (userForm == null)) {
                ses = getSession();

                UserManager mgr =
                    new UserManagerImpl((String)
ctx.getAttribute(Constants.DAO_TYPE));
                UserForm user = mgr.getUser(ses, username);
                session.setAttribute(Constants.USER_KEY, user);