From: "p niemandt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 12:54 PM
Subject: RE: custom JDBCRealm

> Have you tried $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/YourWebApp/WEB-INF/classes ?
>
> On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 17:40, Carl Maib wrote:
> > bill,
> > i have tried placing my source in common/classes, common/lib, shared/lib
and shared/classes with no luck. depending on where i put my class, it was
either in a Jar as part of a package, or just a stand-alone class.

> > i am really baffled here, it seems like one of those solutions should
have worked. yet, i continue to get the NoClassDefFound error for the
catalina class i am overriding (FormAuthenticator).

> > i know i am a newbie to tomcat, so perhaps i am missing something
simple. if anyone has had any luck overriding any of the catalina classes in
their webapp and has had some success actually running it, please lend a
hand!

> > thanks!
> >
> > "Bill Barker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > "Carl Maib" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > > It needs to be in server/classes, so that it can see the Catalina
classes.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]