There are two problems with this:
1) Your Filter will not get called, since authentication happens before
Filters (you'd need to use a Valve, but then you are locked into Tomcat).
2) Unless you are using Tomcat 5.x nightly, Request attibutes won't be
available to the login-page for the simple reason that that happens on a
different Request.

The simplest solution would be to use mod_jk to connect Domino & Tomcat and
set tomcatAuthentication="false".  However, the Domino connector is probably
the least tested .....

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]