12.04.2011 23:00, Yuya Nishihara wrote:
> Andrei Polushin wrote:
>> When the translated text on the button is long, it looks cropped on both
>> sides, so its hard to read that button.
>
> Does it happen at all places? or on specific widget?
> Qt should construct the layout dynamically.

Well, the word "cropped" was inappropriate. I should say "cramped", or
"visually unpleasant".

I've uploaded 4 illustrations, using long text in English to demonstrate how
it looks like in translations.

http://picasaweb.google.com/polushin/ThgButtons#

btn-1 - Original buttons, normally looking.
btn-2 - Buttons with long text, looking rather bad.
btn-3 - with long text and highlighting, looking worse.
btn-4 - with long text + padding 2 spaces, OK again (preferred).

Strictly speaking, this is not a bug. Just a matter of translation quality.

--
Andrei Polushin